Learn to make the basic stitches you need to know.
Knitting patterns are readily available in shops, online and in magazines, some for free. Once you know the basic stitches and techniques, there are thousands of designs to make for friends and family, and great knitting communities.
In this class, you will learn:
- Different methods of casting on (getting the first stitches on your needles)
- How to make knit and purls stitches
- How to combine these two ‘building block’ stitches for different effects
- How to read a pattern
- How to change colour for stripes or for a design
- How to cast off (take you stitches off the needles without it unravelling)
- How to ‘block’ or finish your work, and how to join pieces beautifully
- How to substitute yarns
You will make a set of swatches which can be joined to make fingerless gloves, a book, small blanket or cushion cover, then you’ll be starting your own knitting adventure!
*This class involves homework*