1. I hold minimal information about you – typically an email address and name you provide.
2. I do not sell or share your information with anybody else for marketing purposes and will share it only when legally required to do so.
3. You can always choose to unsubscribe from my emails by using the link at the bottom of every newsletter.
4. You can request a copy of the information I hold about you at any time.
5. I use the email address you provide me with to send you newsletters about fibre art, crochet classes, my shop, and other items I think might be of interest to you.
6. You may email me, comment on social media posts or post yourself, but you are responsible for the information you disclose.
Revised 14th May 2018
This document explains how and what data we collect about you, how it is stored, used and disclosed.
I collect your data through double opt-in methods:
- at the website www.happymakes.org
- at events on a paper headed ‘Mailing list’
I typically ask for an email address and a first name, to personalise your emails (legitimate interest)
If you have bought something from me, I may hold other details to help me deliver your item or to allow payment to be processed and for contractual obligations (for example, I do not handle credit card details but Etsy may provide me with your address so I can post out your items).
Some courses, for example, those supported by external organisations, require additional paperwork to be filled in. These are stored in a confidential, locked cabinet until 90 days after the course ends when they are destroyed. If they are still relevant, they are scanned and stored in the Cloud before being destroyed.
You may additionally choose to submit personal details to me through email or social media whereupon the platform is responsible for the security of the data.
Cookies are small files placed on your device. I may use Google Analytics to distinguish between visitors and this helps me to improve my site and products. It is possible to turn cookies off in your browser.
For security, I use software to monitor the IP addresses accessing my site, in order to block malicious visitors who may try to infect it. The software I use is GDPR compliant.
Your details are stored on a server in the Cloud and are password protected for security. I use an online service to maintain this data and to send emails. This service conforms with the GDPR, although the server may not be in the EU and data may pass through other countries. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the email.
Mobile devices and PCs which may contain your information are also password protected.
I use your data to:
- Send you newsletters about visual art, classes, my shop and other things you might be interested in.
- Deliver items you have ordered, either by post or by electronically
- Plan future events, classes and products
I will not share or sell your information to anyone else for marketing purposes, and I will never spam you.
If you would like to see what information I have collected about you, please contact me and I will provide you with an electronic version within 30 days.
I will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal regulations, resolve disputes and enforce agreements.
I reserve the right to disclose your personal information if required by law if I believe that disclosure is necessary to my right, your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
Social Media and Links
I use social media such as Twitter and Facebook to share information and encourage interaction in the creative community. You may post or comment on Pages or in Groups but please be aware that these sites have their own privacy policies in place and you are responsible for the content posted on your account.
From time to time it may be necessary to change this document to reflect current practice. In the case of major changes, this will be emailed to you at the email address I hold for you. In the case of minor changes, they may be changed on the site happymakes.org only. You are therefore encouraged to check the site periodically and before making a purchase to ensure you agree with the way your data will be used.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy please contact me via the website happymakes.org.